Whew. I had to do a Hail Mary before I could even t ype that. I’m usually not of the superstitious nature, but number makes me nervous. Okay, I’m going to take my mind off of it by changing the subject a bit.
Here’s a little bit of Gennie trivia for your ass. Did you know that my mother went into labor with me during the first “Omen” movie? Watching little Damien push his mommy over the railing with his tricycle was enough to break my mom’s water. She said that one second she was watching this woman fall to her death and the next, amniotic fluid was going all over the floor. It’s kind of funny, in a sick, scary sort of way.
And if that’s not creepy enough, dig this – my mother went into labor with my brother during the second “Omen” movie. I swear to you! LOL. Strange, no? I remember my brother and I checking our hairlines for the mark when were kids…you know, just to make sure and all. You can imagine our relief when we came up clean and evil free. *coughs*
Here’s some interesting facts regarding the day, or things associated with it:
- hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: the fear of the number 666
- The number 616 is also associated as The Number of the Beast.
- 666 is an abundant number. It is the sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers.
- 666 is the sum of all the numbers on a typical roulette wheel.
- U.S. Route 666, the Highway of the Beast, was renumbered as U.S. Route 491 in 2003 after controversy over the supposed reference to the Biblical beast, which also made the road signs a common target for theft.
- Apple’s first computer, the Apple I, was priced at $666.66
- There is a theory/idea regarding the biblical meaning of 666. Man was created on the sixth day and the Supreme Being is three persons (Father, Son and Holy Ghost). Therefore the number 6 represents man and the fact that it is repeated three times implies that man is trying to be God.
- The Phantom of the Opera musical, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, opens with an auction, in which the lot number of the restored chandelier is 666.
- ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and Yahoo! give the Slovakian-born ice hockey player Miroslav Å atan the ID number of 666 in their databases, likely as a joke about his last name, which is similar to Satan.
- Former U.S. president Ronald Wilson Reagan had six letters in his first, middle, and last name. He also lived in Bel-Air California, in house number 666 on his block, until wife Nancy Reagan had it changed to 668. Some Rastafarians and others believed he was the Beast. Coincidentally, the Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran was often reported as referring to the U.S. under President Reagan as “the Great Satan”. In fact, this was a (perhaps deliberate) mistranslation – the Persian word used could mean either ‘enemy’ or ‘Satan’. All enemies of the Islamic Republic of Iran were therefore “Satans”, America being the greatest.
- The film The Exorcist, dealing with diabolical possession, was edited at 666th Fifth Avenue.
- A widespread conspiracy theory concerns the EAN or UPC bar codes, instituted in 1974, and found on most consumer products. The “control codes” in the left, middle, and right of the code appear on initial inspection to represent the number “6″. Because of this, all EAN/UPC codes (so the theory goes) contain the number 666. One interpretation of the Book of Revelation indicates that the Number of the Beast is required for all business transactions â€” a role that the EAN/UPC code certainly fits.
- In Japan, the yen comes in coins of 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 500. If you have one of each coin, you have 666 yen.
- In Canada, dialing the seven-digit number “666-6666″ with the area code of “604″ will give you a non-working branch of the Canadian government.
- In Southampton, England, a taxi company with the phone number 666666 goes under the slogan “Better the Devil you know”.
Stuff going on today:
- On 06/06/06 (June 6, 2006) the sun will be between the horns of Zodiac sign Taurus.
- Ann Coulter is releasing a book, Godless: The Church of Liberalism, on 6/6/06. Touche, bitch.
- The third and final book in the Before They Were Left Behind series is scheduled to be released on June 6, 2006.
- “The Art of Spiritual Peacemaking”, a book by James Twyman, will be released on 6/06/06, to offset the negative power given to this date 
- PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has called for anti-KFC protests on 6/6/06 which compare Colonel Sanders to Satan.
- The movie The Omen 666 (see above) will be released on June 6, 2006. This is being promoted with black billboards that say “6+6+06″ and “The signs are all around you” or “You have been warned”, with no other explanation.
- Hell is also having a party on June 06, 2006. Among other things, there will be live entertainment and a costume contest. There will also be souvenirs, most selling for $6.66.
- The National Day of Slayer (a play on the National Day of Prayer) is a day when Slayer fans are encouraged to play their songs at high volume.
Okay, so everyone needs to just stay calm. It’s just a day. It will pass. You’ve got to make light of it or you’ll worry yourself to death. Ya know? *does another Hail Mary*